Slip, Trip & Fall Compensation Claims

If you have tripped over a defective paving stone then your claim is very likely to be against the Local Authority who have a duty to keep and maintain the highway under The Highways Act 1980. If you trip over a raised paving stone sustaining injury then you may have a claim against the Local Authority. These cases are all about evidence and so it is vital to obtain photographic evidence immediately or as soon after the accident as practicable.

Use a ruler to measure the height of the defect, it should be at least 1 inch and if you cannot find a ruler then use a 50p coin to give some indication of height or depth. Take decent photographs, the more, the better and try to show the defect both up close and by general location. At some point a representative from the local authority is likely to visit the site of the accident and your photographs will be used to find the location. Slips and falls are the single most common reason for broken bones in accidents especially in the elderly. Defective pavement also applies to ‘ rocking flagstones’, potholes, uneven pavements and area of walkway in a general state of disrepair.

Smooth Top Tip

Take good quality photographs and use a ruler or 50p coin against the raised flag or to show the depth of the pothole.

Accidents on Roads

Drivers, passengers, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists. If you have been involved in an accident involving a vehicle then we can help with your claim for personal injury and other losses.

We have access to a national network of credit car hire firms from the family vehicle to the prestige car market. We also have access to a nationwide car repair network and if the requirement is there then we can provide the repair and the car hire pending repair.


All ready to begin? Start your claim now.